The Government allowed non-essential retail to open its doors from June 15 as long as they could demonstrate that they were complying with COVID-Secure guidance. As a result, many shops and stores are now open for business.
Please keep in mind that your shopping experience might be a little different than normal. We recommend taking the time to see which of your favourite stores are open along with their opening hours. Individual shops in Blackpool will also have their own measures in place to keep you safe. At the front of each store, there should be information detailing how they intend to keep the stores clean throughout the day and outline the procedures you should follow.
Houndshill Shopping Centre
Our main retail mall, the Houndshill Shopping Centre is open and operating with a number of special measures in place:
- A one-way system has been implemented
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the mall to use at your convenience
- Information posters have been erected so you have all the information at hand
- Lift will be operational but restricted to one person or family at time - please give priority to older shoppers, families with pushchairs or those with restricted mobility
- A queuing system outside the centre to regulate footfall
- The toilets will also be open. However, numbers will be limited at any one time.
For more information about retail in Blackpool, you can visit the official Houndshill Shopping Centre website.
Blackpool Business Improvement District (BID) has installed extensive social distancing signage across the town centre, and shops and stores are being asked to display a Government-approved COVID-19 secure notice reassuring customers that they are managing the risk of coronavirus and following all necessary health and safety guidance.
Much of our town centre is also pedestrianised which helps with social distancing. So, if you want to treat yourself to some new clothes or pop in to buy any essentials on your trip, you can shop safely here in Blackpool.